Wednesday, March 2, 2016

2016 Plans

Now that I finally got finished recapping 2015 how about a little peek at my quilting plans for this year!
I think I might be a bit selfish, as I want to make some quilts for "ME". I have a work table in my laundry room and I have a couple of table topper quilts that I use on it. I thought it would fun to have a quilt for each month to use! The fit I like is a quilt that measures about 24" x 36". So not too big and a great way to use up some of my stash - another goal - make them without having to purchase any fabric!!
It was easy to start as I already had quilts made for January and February.





I finished binding the March quilt this past weekend and got it out today! (Did a little picking up and cleaning!!)

Simple quilting, but a new border design. 





Blessings and hugs to each and every one!!!!

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love that you have a table that size in your laundry room. How fun to make changeable table toppers for each month. That should bring a smile whenever you have laundry to do. Isn't it satisfying to make something so pretty out of stash on hand? Three beautiful toppers, Doniene!
You are a constant source of amazement to me, with your "no fear" approach to FMQ. Really like your new border. : )

Karen said...

How wonderful to have a laundry room large enough for table and chairs (and nice ones). Some smaller size table toppers would be just the thing to make for the table.

Vickie said...

You inspire me to go get busy ! I like quilting on things this size, and your quilting is getting most impressive ! Come share some of those beautiful things ! I'll never quit asking you know :) You're missed.

Doris Rice, The Quilting Queen said...

Very great goals for 2016. The table toppers are beautiful. Your quilting is fabulous too! I'm still amazed that you do it with a domestic machine. Miss seeing your smiling face!

Aimee said...

I feel bad that I haven't commented until now but I have kept up with your posts...
I love your anniversary quilt! I am fascinated with designs that give the illusion of curved lines...and so appropriate for your union :)
I also want to make this year a table topper/mini year! Your border on the March one is so sweet...and perfect looking!

Hilachas said...

Look at you, Doniene! What a terrific idea for using us scraps and having lovely end results. I love your idea and what you've already completed. I may steal this idea.

Julie Fukuda said...

I love that project and, though I don't have a runner for each month, I am slowly working my way there with one for each season and holiday. Yours are inspiring.

Raewyn said...

Awesome work Doniene! It took me a while to think - now where was the laundry - but of course it's what I think of as the egg fridge room!! Love your runners, I think you deserve to make some for yourself after you have gifted so many to family and friends. And as you say, great scrap busters too!

Dawn said...

I think that will be so fun to rotate quilts on your table!
Surround yourself with beauty while folding laundry. Well deserved.

Enjoy the variety,
Dawn

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing such an informative information.
___________
bloom tattoos